Monday, June 1, 2009

Weapon Skill Gear Comparisons - Feet

Before I get started with the numbers today, I need to point out that I've adjusted some of my base numbers. This is because I finally took the time to actually look at my gear and verify a few things before putting in rough estimates. The following numbers are representative of actual numbers that I observed. The changes from my previous numbers include:

Legs: Hecatomb Subligar +1 (1/7 :D)
Carbonara: STR+4
Hasso: STR+5
Verified 4STR = 3 Attack and took it into account. I subtracted 3 attack for every 4 STR I removed, then removed 1 attack for every 1 STR removed on top of that. In other words, if I removed something that gave me +6 STR from, I subtracted 5 attack.

Now with that out of the way, time to look at some popular shoes for Dragoon. On the list today are:

1. Ares Sollerets
2. Hecatomb Leggings
3. Hecatomb Leggings +1
4. Aurum Sabatons
5. Amir Boots

To get on this list, I tried to limit myself to pieces of gear that had +5 attack or higher or +5 STR or higher. I'm sure there are a couple others that I've missed, but these are the ones I'm reviewing.

Also, these stats are all math'd up against the same level 82 greater colibri with 330 defense, 69 VIT etc...

The important base stats of each:



How each of the pieces change my stats:



The important modifier numbers:



And finally, the end results using Drakesbane:



Conclusion

There's no real surprise here in terms of what actually won. The real surprise here is how close the minimums for each of these turned out with my gear set. Aurum Sabatons and Amir boots end up being nice surprises for WS use, but I'm of the belief that once you reach a certain pDIF value, changing one piece of gear out like the feet usually won't modify it much. If someone's not using Ares Body for example, Amir or Aurum Boots might not look anywhere near as good. Hecatomb Leggings aren't the cheapest piece of gear in the world, but it's not exactly leaps and bounds better than any of it's counterparts.

You can't really go wrong with any of these items in the feet slot for your weapon skills, but if your gear set up is weak on the total attack, you might opt to go with Ares, Amir or Aurum feet as they all give some much needed accuracy as well. If you're at the acc cap or think you're already at the pDIF cap of 2, then start loading up on STR or DEX and make sure your fSTR modifier is at it's cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Qtipus' Information

FFXI subscriber since NA release.