Thursday, January 7, 2010

Holy DS Games Batman...

So apparently my DS collection has grown by leaps and bounds without my realization of it...

When I got home from my 2.5 week holiday excursion, I did some reorganization of my desk. Part of this reorganization meant finding all my DS games that were scattered about various places in the house. A few on top of a dresser. A few on a shelf in a closet, etc.

Turns out I've managed to collect 32 of the things since I got a DS about 3 years ago. Oddest thing about it is...

I've only purchased 7 of them myself. The rest have been some combination of birthday and Christmas gifts. Kay likes to get DS games for me for a lot of different occasions. This is mostly due to her online survey obsession that rewards her with Paypal, Gamestop or Amazon.com currencies. Kay's sister manages a toy store, so she pitches in with games as well since she gets a discount.

I ended up getting just this Christmas/Birthday:

Bowser's Inside Story
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
007: Quantum of Solace
Lock's Quest
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
Monster Mayhem
Bangai-O Spirits
Rondo of Swords
Tom Clancy's Endwar

Kay's sister likes to get both of us kind of the off-beat games. The games someone would see on the shelf and think about getting, but might not because they find something else they want. They also usually end up in the clearance bin.

This can sometimes lead to some bad video game experiences, but for the most part, these are games I otherwise would have never tried if she hadn't got them for me.

As an example, a couple years ago, she got me a game called Elite Beat Agents. It's a rather cheesy game, but oddly addicting, especially if you're very familiar with the collection of songs for each "level".

Out of the games she got me this year, I'm putting my money on Lock's Quest falling into that category. 007 games are pretty standard and the other 3 games she got me I had never heard of or seen, so the jury is still out on those.

The major games on that list came from Kay this year. I'll likely be doing some full reviews on all of these when I get around to playing through them. Bowser's Inside Story just got finished up and it's probably one of the most enjoyable Mario-based games I've played in a long long time.

So yeah, I got a number of games to get through outside my already busy in-game and real life. Good thing I mostly play the DS as I'm winding down for the night... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Qtipus' Information

FFXI subscriber since NA release.