Tuesday, June 22, 2010

DRG Update Notes

Spirit Jump: Shares timer with normal Jump. You do not get 3 attacking jumps to use. Still uncertain what "suppresses enmity" means as it seemed I neither shed nor slowed the rate I gained enmity against the vultures I was fighting. Might be a bad test subject though. Overrides merits on Jump. I really hope this is a fuckup on SE's end and not how they intended it to work, but somehow, I doubt it is.

Conserve TP: Kicks in a lot more frequently than I thought it would. About every other WS I end up with an extra 4 or 5 TP and I've seen as much as 15. Kind of irritating that I can't tell when all the hits of a WS landed or when I crit most of the time now though...

TP from Spirit Link: Pretty much exactly what I thought. I get ~10 or so with each link. Nothing new to report here.

Sonic Thrust: This is going to get me in trouble. Seems to have Transfixion property, but unsure if anything else is there. Couldn't test thoroughly due to party set up, but I suspect it has Scission properties as well. TP multipliers seem to 100 TP = 1.0, 200 TP = 1.5 300 TP = 2.0, but that's just based off about 10 eyeballs of each. Seems to also have a heavy lean on STR. The Cone AoE seems to be short and narrow as well as I had 4 birds lined up and hit 3.

BTW...nothing has amused me more lately than seeing 3 Seaboard Vultures take 1.2k, 1.2k, and 1.6k damage from a single, one hit WS...

You learn this at 300 skill. Max merits + Love Torque means you can use it after skilling up one polearm level upon hitting 76. Otherwise, if math plays out, you're waiting until 79 to learn it.

Skillcaps: Appears to be an increase of 5 polearm skill per level currently. This should put DRG at a natural cap of 306 when they hit 80. All I have to say is...

/drool @ 329 polearm skill...

Trial 1850: Fuck you SE.

(1500 Geirskogul kill shots on arcana...)

Trial 1851: Fuck you in the ass with a sandpaper covered cock and no lube SE.

(2000 Geirskogul kill shots on vermin...)

Current Conclusion: Not the TP monsters the paperwork originally lead us to believe. A number of nice tweaks, but nothing significant enough to really move us up a notch or two as it relates to the job itself. Looking forward to Sekkanoki, but we pretty much know what that will do.

More later as I progress up the chain of info and digest the rest of the gear that has apparently obsoleted most of what I'm wearing now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Qtipus' Information

FFXI subscriber since NA release.