Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Level 90 DRG...Some Other Random Sh*t Too.

We interrupt this long, blog writing hiatus to shoot out a few quick blurbs on the new JAs they've announced for the Dec. update.

Most notably...DRG.

Dragon Breaker (DRG Lv.87 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 3 min.)
Lowers accuracy, evasion, magic accuracy, magic evasion, and TP gain for dragons.

Smiting Breath (DRG Lv.90 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
Orders the wyvern to attack with its breath.

Restoring Breath (DRG Lv.90 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
Orders the wyvern to heal with its breath.


My first reaction to seeing these was FUCK YES!~

You see, I've been wanting a way to manually control the wyvern in the same way a SMN or BST or PUP could control their pets. As it stands right now, the only thing I can do as far as pet commands go are Call, Dismiss and Spirit Link. Obviously I can trigger other things the wyvern does depending which sub I have, but a way to send a wyvern in to attack or to call it back ("pet pulling") would be awesome. I've never understood why SE didn't implement this.

After the initial euphoria wore off, the questions started coming to mind about those breath abilities, namely Restoring Breath. Smiting Breath is blatantly obvious. There's not much you can do with it aside from potentially telling your wyvern to go nuke a target you're not currently engaged to.

Can Restoring Breath be used on other party members in the same manner a cure spell or a waltz would?

Is Restoring Breath influenced in the same manner as Healing Breath? Meaning, load up on Wyvern HP+ gear and boost it?

Will Deep Breathing work with it as well?

All of that will be answered when I hit 90 obviously, but it's at least fun to think about for now. So many possibilities, but, as is the case with any pet...

...the pet has to be alive.

Lv.85 Gungnir

It's getting harder and harder for me to find my way through these trials that SE puts in for relic holders. I knocked out about 250 of the objectives a couple weeks after Scars came out, but then I just had zero motivation to take it further.

With the previous 4 trials, I basically had to piss myself off completely before I was motivated to do them. Then I'd just hunker down for a week or so and pray I didn't Whiffskogul too much.

This particular trial was easier than the rest (except the first one, where I didn't have to land killshots, just use the WS itself). I just couldn't find the motivation at first, then I couldn't find the time. The trip up to Girlfriend's parents afforded me some time to work on this.

It actually afforded me more time than I thought it would.

I now have Lv.85 Gungnir just in time to be slapped with the next trial that will probably consist of 2500 kill shots on plantoids.

"Sh*t My Dad Says"

For the drive to Maine for Thanksgiving, I picked this book up on CD. Some seriously funny shit in there that damn near caused me to wreck a couple times from laughing. It's $10. Go to B&N or Borders or Amazon and get it.

Paraphrasing some of the more memorable quotes:

"Son, you're 4 years old. It's time to shit in the toilet. This isn't one of those negotiation things where we go back and forth. This ends with you shitting in the toilet."

"First thing about driving is that a car has 5 gears. What's that smell? Ok, first thing before that first thing: if you fart in a parked car, that makes you an asshole."

For those of you that don't know, this book basically started cause of a twitter account. Said twitter account can be found here:

http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

It's been spun off into a TV show I have yet to watch as well.

One Ring To Ru...Yeah No.

"Engagement rings are pointless. Indians gave cows...Oh sorry, congrats on proposing. We good now? Can I finish my indian story?"

I figure another quote from "Sh* My Dad Says" is appropriate for this section...

I got Girlfriend the engagement ring she and her family have hounded me about since they initially met me.

Now I need to figure out how to stall the wedding for nearly 3 years like I did the ring...

Anyway...back to my hiatus...

2 comments:

  1. Shit My Dad Says is just that, SHIT!

    It's so obviously a complete and utter fabrication, yet idiots like you lap it up. I really fear for the future. This dumbing down must stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice attempt at trolling, but I'll bite since I'm a bit bored.

    Is it really lapping it up when I haven't even bothered to watch the TV show? No, I enjoyed a book and I enjoy some of the quotes.

    The future you should fear is the one where people do nothing but hide behind the anonymity of the internet. "Dumbed down" comments like this pretty much just say "coward" to me. Far bigger things for you to waste your energy on than one blogger's likes/dislikes, but even with something as minuscule as this, you couldn't even put your name to it.

    ReplyDelete

Qtipus' Information

FFXI subscriber since NA release.