Monday, August 31, 2009

Mrbooboo Exits Stage Crocodile

Just wanted to put a quick blurb up about the retirement of an old friend. Mrbooboo informed us last week that it was time for him to move on from FFXI. For those of you that don't know, he was mostly famous for deleveling during dynamis. When PLD actually became a great tanking job and xp was easier to get, he wasn't as active as he was in the days where picking up PLD xp was about as easy as trying to solo the Dynamis Lord.

He and I have certainly had our differences over the years, but as we've both grown to understand each other, a friendship developed. In the 5+ years I've been helping run Obsidian, there hasn't really been anyone I've pulled for harder to finish their relic than him. Not even my own girlfriend at the time. He never asked, but he was one person I had specifically in mind when I went to the rest of the sacks with the sponsoring idea. I helped him nab crafting materials to make money off of as well as learned a few things from him. While he certainly did the vast majority of the work in obtaining his Aegis, he was one person I didn't mind sharing the amount of available time I had to watch the AH with him since he didn't.

He went on vacation to climb Mt. Everest with his dad (who beat him in distance climbed...guessing Mrbooboo deleveled about halfway up...) for a couple months back in March and April. As is the case with most prolonged absences, forced or voluntary, most realize how much of a time sink this game really is and aren't in too much of a hurry to get back. I felt this would be the case with Mrbooboo the second I saw him say "gone for a couple months".

While I suspect he'll be back before we know it, just in case he's not, I'll see you in FFXIV Boobs. Keep deleveling. :)

3 comments:

  1. And Boobs, if you read this moron's blog... don't forget you owe me a round or two of Halo ODST when it's out :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post q and for putting up with me all this time lol and yeah ill be on FFXIV to annoy you again hehe

    yes ill have ODST in few weeks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Boobs I'll miss you pal, even if I didnt get to see you on that much in the first place,
    thanks for the tips on being a PLD in Dynamis and stuff, back when I still was found a lot playing said job XD

    ReplyDelete

Qtipus' Information

FFXI subscriber since NA release.