Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sister vs. Transformers II

This story won't be as long as the first volume, but it's a story good enough to blog about.

Over the course of the past week, my sister has gone out to my house twice to do some walking on the treadmill. Each time she has gone out there, I've been out working. Because of this, I've received a phone call from the house when my sister gets there.

The first thing I usually think of when seeing Mom and Dad's phone number on my caller ID is that they need me to pick something up on my way back home. Which is fine, but they usually pick some of the worst times to try to call me and ask me. So seeing their number there a few days ago, I answered with "I'm busy, I'll call you back in a few minutes" and hung up.

Yeah...I hung up on my almost 3 year old niece.

I called back a few minutes later and my sister answers. Naturally, she gives me some crap about hanging up on my niece and does the fake guilt trip thing. I wasn't letting on that I was buying it, so she dropped it pretty quickly and got to the reason she had actually called me.

Apparently the phrase:

"Call Uncle Pad ask to play Transformers?"

...came out of my niece's mouth and my sister wanted me to hear it. She called my niece over to the phone and prompted her by asking:

"Can you ask Uncle Chad your question?"

"Uncle Pad, can play with Transformers pwease?"

Seriously, how do you say no to that? Not that I wanted to say no, but even if I did, how could I?

I said "Yes, you can play with my Transformers."

"Ok tank you love you Uncle Pad!" /sloppyeatingthephonenoise

(My niece likes to kiss the phone when she says bye to whoever she's talking to.)

Then my sister gets back on the phone:

"See what you've done."

This is said to me as I can actually hear my niece running down the hallway to the house towards my room and yelling various names of the Transformers. I don't know if this is typical of a three year old, but when my niece goes running somewhere, everyone in the house knows it from her distinctive, heavy footed (is that even a word?) clomping.

CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP BUMBLEBEE CLOMP CLOMP BLURR CLOMP CLOMP JAZZ CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP RATCHET OH NO ULTRA MAGNEWS GOT A BOO BOO!!

I get the feeling I'm going to see a broken Ultra Magnus when I get home...good thing he's on clearance at the moment. :)

"I can't even get her to put princess dresses on the ones you got her anymore."

That got a Nelson laugh out of me at my sister's expense.

"I'm keeping the second one away from you..."

This was last...Thursday?

Yeah it just happened again about 30 minutes ago.

Too late now Sis...too late now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Qtipus' Information

FFXI subscriber since NA release.